Monday, February 27, 2006

Sometimes I have to wonder about my town

In the last post I mentioned the big uproar in Laurens. Friday morning, Wendie Ann Schweikert was arrested for two counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor. Her bond was set at $100,000 ($50,000/charge) at her bond hearing on Saturday. Now this morning I heard on the radio that a man posted a bond over the weekend for $136,000 for animal cruelty. Can you believe that animal cruelty seems to be a bigger crime than engaging in criminal sexual activity with a minor in Laurens? Greenville had the right idea, they have already issued a warrant for her act with the victim in Greenville County.

1 comment:

Gene Brooks said...

Ginny,
What is going on with Laurens, now? I just read and posted that craziness on my blog, too.

Tell your Mama to start shouting down those demons and send 'em back wherever they came from!