Friday, September 02, 2005

Songs that make you go WTF- 90s Love Songs

I love to listen to music (shocking isn't it) but I have this bad habit of actually listening to the words and trying reason it out. Now don't go thinking this is an attack on Hip-Hop, cause it's not. I decided I would start a weekly post of these songs (and Videos) that just leave you scratching your head. All genres of music are subject to the list. And if you know of some songs (especially in the Country, Rock, and Christian categories) leave a comment so I can make fun-- discuss it here too.

This week's victims are 90s Love songs by male R&B groups.

"She's Playing Hard to Get" by High Five - Denial anyone?

I can tell by the look in her eyes
That she's into me
Cuz when she passes by and say "Hi"
I can tell by her smile
Cuz she's shy as can be (She's playin')
I don't think she can see my pushin' her
But I can feel her crushin' me

She's playing hard to get
She just won't admit
That she likes me She likes me
She's playing hard to get
She just won't admit, oo yeah
That she likes me She likes me
She's playin' hard

Tell me that is not a defense for a stalking or rape case. I wonder what ever happened to those boys...

"The First Time" by Surface - Never have I seen a group of men be so proud of their overly emotional "sensitive" side as this group.

The first time I look into your eyes I cried
Do you remember the first time
We fell in love
You look into my eyes wiped the tears away
The first time
When we fell in love

I am trying to figure out if this is blind date that went horribly awry or if he is just "crying for the cootchie". Either way, grow some balls and tell her how you really feel in a manly fashion please.

"Shower Me With Your Love" by Surface - No thanks, I'll pass.

Shower me with your love
Shower me with your love that I look for
Shower me with your love
Shower me with your love I've been waiting for

Where is R. Kelly when you need him? These freaks would have paid good money to be in that infamous video.

"Freak Me" (Let Me Lick You Up and Down) by Silk - Y'all need to stop lying like that...

Let me lick you up and down
Til you say stop
Let me play with your body baby
Make you real hot
Come on. No woman in her right mind is going to tell you to stop. Your tongue will fall off before she says anything. That's false advertising.

Ok, this is the last one. There is no need to use them all up in one weekend, right. This one is for
Video

"I'll Make Love to You" by Boyz II Men - Do you remember the video?

Duane Martin plays a security technician or something. He falls in love with the owner of the house he is installing a security system. He's too shy (punk) to approach her, but listening to the Boyz II Men CD inspires him to write her a letter.
Ok, that sounds pretty sweet and romantic but then he opens the CD case and begins to copy the lyrics from the CD cover. WTF! You're in serious violation!





No comments: