Monday, June 23, 2008

Please Lawd, Don't Let This Be The Backstreet Boys In 15 Years

I saw the New Kids on The Block video "Summertime" around 4 this morning. I had to check to make sure it wasn't some weird behind dream. It wasn't.

Let me start by saying, I'm glad Danny finally grew into his face. Back in the day, he was considered the "ugly" one but time was finally kind to him. Jon looks old, and Jordan and Joey are proof that looks sometimes fade "like a bad sunset".

The song is very bubblegum for a group of 40 somethings. I was expecting them have a more mature sounding song. But hey, whatever works for them. I'm mad they had to dust off Backstreet Boys dance moves from '98 though. That's just wrong on so many levels.




I'm just glad New Edition reunions sound and look so much better (when Bobby is sober and acting like he has some sense).

3 comments:

MoonCat said...

Yeah, well... I've been kind of happy they are coming back out.

I know.. been there, done that.. but so happy they are doing it again. I can't wait to hear the album.


Closet Blockheads reunite. LOL

Karen Scott said...

Oh. wow. For shame.

Sherri said...

Hey Ginny,
Just checking in with you...this post is so funny as I thought the same thing when this came out.
I was so in love with NKOTB growing up,especially with Jonathan (and yeah,Danny finally did grow into his face:)
I was disappointed as well at how teen pop it was...and as much as I still love them (only because of sentimental purposes)but I won't be listening to their new stuff.