Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Let's Talk About Sex



It's been an exciting eighteen months in Laurens County. We are in the midst of yet another teacher-sex scandal. It seems that time we get one case out the way, another one crops up. The recent surge in teacher misconduct really makes me wonder "What's really going on"?


Students used to speculate about several teachers when I attended high school. Shoot, there was one teacher that used to speak openly about her desire for a student (which is creepy as heck let me tell you). Guys used to whisper about how they wanted a certain teacher for class because they knew they could "earn" a decent grade in that class. Was it true? I don't know. I can't even recall the teachers' names if you asked me about it. The point is, rumors have been swirling about for years. That kind of behavior was just as inappropriate 10, 20 years ago as it is now. School administration either swept everything under the rug or remained blissfully ignorant.

I can't help but wonder just how many incidents are there?

No comments: